"Grexit"

Chat about anything else

"Grexit"

Postby SueO » 09 Jul 2015, 06:21

For anyone who hasn't seen it James (Symi Dream) has posted a link to an interesting article from the Guardian about how we, as tourists, can help the Greek economy. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/j ... -beautiful Sounds sensible to me and we're very much looking forward to "doing our bit" in September!
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Re: "Grexit"

Postby Val » 09 Jul 2015, 22:03

Agree wholeheartedly. There's also a petition to sign on Change.org to keep Greece in the Euro and in Europe. Let's make our views known.
Val
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Olga » 12 Jul 2015, 19:02

This might seem frivolous, given the size of the problem, but I fully intend not to shop for holiday clothes until I reach Simi, M&S won't miss the money and it may well help a small shopkeeper on my favourite island.
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Allan » 12 Jul 2015, 19:16

Not frivolous at all Olga, sounds a fine idea to me!
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sootyandsweep » 13 Jul 2015, 10:40

Glad this topic is being discussed on the forum. The way the Greek people are being treated by Europe has made me think very carefully on the whole issue of being a European. This issue has highlighted the greed for money to the detriment of ordinary people. I can't make Greece this year but when i go next year - for a three week period - i too will take little in the way of clothing and buy there. I will take cash and contribute as much as i can to the economy. I am a Scot and therefore like the Greeks small in number but big in pride. I hope Greece does stay in Europe but i also hope politicians and bankers take note that democracy should not be set aside at will nor to the detriment of the people.
sootyandsweep
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Return to Off Topic