April Report

Chat about anything else

April Report

Postby Symi Animal Welfare » 21 Apr 2011, 17:52

Symi's street cats seem happy and healthy as they chase about in the Spring sunshine. Well fed through the winter months, they are now relocating to bins near to hotels and restaurants, all now open for the first tourists of the new season. Only this morning, visitors have commented to me, just how good the cats are looking. There will soon be quite a few kittens and in this better weather + more opportunity for tit-bits etc, they stand a much greater chance of survival.

On a sad note, little Eric is in kitty-heaven. The quality of his life wasn't improving and his new home didn't prove to be the solution Claudia hoped for. We are all very sad and tried to give him the best chance we could.

Now, before the Symi-rumours get totally out of hand, here is an amusing Symi Animal Welfare tale for you -

I went to our nearest supermarket yesterday morning and took Loulou along. We often do this and, whilst shopping, tie her lead to a gate outside the store. She is quite used to this so sits waiting patiently until it's time to go. I finished the shopping, came home and made sandwiches for lunch. We'd just finished eating when a friend rang and said 'don't you want your dog anymore?.............. Gulp.........I'd left her at the shop and neither of us had even realised (my first-ever senior moment I swear!) Luckily, our neighbour had spotted her, along with several other people who all know her (I'll never live this down!) so brought her back. She was really excited with all the attention and isn't traumatised by her ordeal, so we can't be reported for cruelty to animals!

We wish you a Happy Easter and Kalo Pasca

Melanie, Tove, Suzan, Hazel, Christina and Claudia xx
Symi Animal Welfare
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Off Topic