Enough of your drivel, already !

Chat about anything else

Postby Dave » 30 Aug 2006, 08:41

I tire of your wimp-like bleatings of summer on Symi !
Tomorrow I go on my annual holiday - and none of your matching M and S shorts and polo shirts, none of your "Johnnie Foreigner" food with olive oil and salads, no golden sands and blue seas. Hah! Perish the thought !
I'm off to Scarborough for the day, train hauled by a steam loco polluting the air of North Yorkshire, huddling on the rain-lashed, windswept prom looking at a sea the colour of a second-hand army greatcoat having dined on fish and chips (cooked in enough beef dripping to clog up the Dartford Tunnel, never mind an artery) with a pint of warm Tetley's. None of that cold lager stuff or poncey red wine !
Now that's the kind of thing the Empire was founded on ......... and probably what the Empire foundered on too!
I'm just checking out my thermal underwear, thick cord trousers, Ganzy, stockman's coat and plastic folding pacamac hood, prior to packing the egg and tomato sandwiches and making up the flask of tea.
Given the vagaries of transport in U.K., it will probably take as long to get there as a flight to Rodos and ferry to Symi, so I won't even miss the travel experience !
Jealous .......me ?
:D
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby benedetti » 30 Aug 2006, 10:34

For some reason Wee Jimmy is intent on a visit to Scarborough. Why I dinnae ken. Give us a report back will you Dave...best boozers and eateries.
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Adriana » 30 Aug 2006, 11:39

If it makes you feel any better, we've just heard that the Manchester flight has been delayed two hours and some people will be camping at the Hermes... :o
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Dave » 30 Aug 2006, 14:43

Benedetti, I will endeavour to road test the hostelries and eateries but I'm only going for the day you know ! I'm Dave, not Kojak - there's only so much a girl can do in a day !

And Adriana - I was thinking of booking a fortnight at the Hermes early next year so it sounds like the cabaret is guaranteed for my entertainment with all the whinging going on and screaming rug-monkeys to be slapped! Although why anyone would be fed-up getting delayed on the way home is beyond me ....... especially when there are so many decent tavernas to be laid waste to up in the Old Town !
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Adriana » 30 Aug 2006, 15:11

It's the flight IN that's delayed - apparently it'll only land in Rhodes at 19.00. Half an hour after the boat leaves for Symi :cry:
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Dave » 30 Aug 2006, 15:34

I refer you to my previous reply, M'lud. :)
About the same thing only more preferable to be looking at Symi as a destination rather than Manchester, don't you think ? ;)
Unless, of course, you like being up to your oxsters in discarded fish and chip wrapping or McDonald's cartons and will miss the odd drug-related shooting ( in case of regional bias - delete Manchester and insert any UK city/town of your choice !) :twisted:
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic