Bad taste joke alert - times three

Chat about anything else

Postby Dave » 07 Sep 2006, 21:02

1. At Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin's funeral they wanted to play "Crocodile Rock" - Elton couldn't make it and Sting refused to appear !
2. He should have used sun-cream factor 30 - it protects you from the sting of the rays.
3. His favourite programme was "Thunderbirds" but he had a soft spot for "Stingray".

I loved them but I'm braced for the criticism ( a response to your bad words .... like I care !)- anyone who feeds a crocodile with one hand whilst holding his bairn with the other deserves approbation. He didn't heed previous lessons - in wildlife programmes, the wildlife is the star, not the presenter !

Still sad for his family and friends though but - as was suggested - an "Aussie state funeral" ..... pass the sick bag, Alice ! :twisted:
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 08 Sep 2006, 04:30

Jeez, the way the media is carrying on, you'd think he was Mother Theresa in khaki :mrgreen: As for a state funeral, I think that was media hype, anyhow, the family have refused. :D
They are calling it a Diana-like out-pouring of grief...Spare us!!
I half agree with Ms Greer when she called him a tormentor of animals.There's an old croc, minding his own business, having a wallow in the mud and all of a sudden some yelling lunatic launches himself on its back and attempts to tie its jaws and flip him over. I reckon he got onto his mate, the stingray, and asked him to give him a jab.
The carrot haired manager is like a two bob watch..but then, he's lost his meal ticket, hasn't he.
Despite all of that I feel sorry for his wife and family. His daughter, Bindi (isn't that Rolf's daughters name?) is a real little poppet.
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Postby Richard » 08 Sep 2006, 20:22

I know my memory has crashed since my 100th birthday but wasn't Odysseus killed by a stingray spear? Any connection?
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Trailer » 09 Sep 2006, 02:26

Well I remember him best for taunting a huge alligator holding his tiny baby in his arms, and rotten as it probably sounds, when I heard the news of his death, my immediate reaction was, well serves you damn well right. I've never watched his programme except flitting between progs on the TV but I found him so irritating and was disgusted that he tormented animals for entertainment. However, I've since read that he did a lot for conservation, so perhaps he did have his good points too. But to have been stung as he was he must have been virtually riding on the poor creature's back, as the 'sting' is not in fact in the tail of the fish, but further up its back. So obviously he was being his daring-do self. But I do feel sorry for his family.
Trailer
Visitor

Return to Off Topic