Hello To You All - Dreaming of Yialos!

Chat about anything else

Postby Kyriako » 06 Sep 2006, 14:46

Well Yialos seems like it's a million miles away as I sit here typing this in Cardiff where I'm house-sitting for a friend - what I wouldn't give to be in that bar by the lighthouse right now, the one that spays the water mist onto its terrace, with an ice-cold pint of quality German beer!? :cry:
Still it's good to log on and catch up with what's been going on - I'm reading about cafes that rip off the daily boatloads that sail into the harbour(bad news indeed), new paths that could re-define the island map and 'offensive' articles in the Symi Visitor. I haven't seen the article but it seems to have triggered a lively debate - I feel like I've been missing out! I was also sorry to learn that some members have decided to discontinue their association with the Chat Page. The format is different, but I'm sure it'll work well once everyone is gets used to it - not really sure if the 'Moderation' is a good thing or bad, but I don't feel it's too 'sanitised' judging by the lively debates.
I should perhaps explain why my username is 'Kyriako' - when I was on Symi in June 2004, some of the locals in Meltemi bar re-christened me Kyriako, as they explained it was the Greek for 'Dominique'(my real name - although I prefer 'Dom'). So whenever I used to walk past some of the cafes, I was greeted with "Eh, Kyriak'!". Made me feel quite at home!!
I look forward to corresponding with you all in due course or even meeting you on Symi.

Regards

Dom (kyriako)

P.S. Does anyone know Netti and Pip who are regulars to the island? They often stay with Yiannis, the guy who runs the boat trips. I've lost touch with them.
Kyriako
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Adriana » 07 Sep 2006, 15:10

One of the things I like about our present format is that when you click onto a thread you can read a whole page of messages in one go without repeated clicking. Probably doesn't do much for the ol' hit counter stats but it certainly makes for easier reading for people using the facility which can only be good. :D

And it makes it easier for me to see which messages I might use for the Site Unseen column in the Symi Visitor newspaper... :P
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Sapphire » 07 Sep 2006, 18:38

I agree Adriana - it is much better this way and easier on the old mouse! LOL!

Sapphy x
Sapphire
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Dave » 07 Sep 2006, 20:51

Excuse me, Adriana. Please don't use any of my stuff in The Visitor - it can be thinly disguised on here when I have a "dig" and legal action is difficult but in the Paper of choice, I could be invited to talk by Sue, Grabbitt and Runne, purveyors of litigation to the landed gentry and self-important "look at me - aren't I wonderful" people.
:twisted:
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Adriana » 15 Sep 2006, 13:08

Don't worry, Dave, I'm very selective ... :P

Actually the September one worked out very nicely and there's been a lot of positive feedback.. :)
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Off Topic