Two weeks is not a long time

Chat about anything else

Postby benedetti » 28 Sep 2006, 17:28

Very rude of me not to visit you Adriana. I hear you captured a few old faces anyway.
I don't know where the time went. We have booked the same place next year and although it was only one wee room, we managed to squeeze 30 bodies in. The McSporrans were last to leave as there was still some booze left. I got out the clock and put on my nighty................That soon scared them off.
A truely wonderful holiday except for a few menacing advances from folk who said we know who you are.Scary.
We were expecting to meet up with Norman but our paths did not overlap this year.
Now that this page is not moderated maybe the McS,s will use it again. It is so boring without them. No offense to the interesting people.
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Sapphire » 28 Sep 2006, 20:37

Gosh, can't believe you're back already! Glad you had a good time though.

Sapphy x
Sapphire
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Kon » 29 Sep 2006, 02:48

Good to hear you had a great time Benedetti,i do agree it never is enough time on Symi ,anyway a year will fly past ,ps how was your massage????.
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Mille » 29 Sep 2006, 09:14

Glad you had a wonderfull time, Benedetti :)

I don't think we'll see the McSporrans here, as one has to be registrered to write here :oops:
but it would be nice to have them back :mrgreen:
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adriana » 29 Sep 2006, 11:12

Hi Benedetti,

Don't worry, we don't bear grudges at the SV office and we are only too aware how time slips by on GLA. 8-)
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby MrsMcS » 06 Oct 2006, 12:45

Okay okay you have beaten me into submission. I have registered at last. Mind you made a right c**k up of it, but here I am. Where's the fanfare? :D .

Findlay and I had a wonderful 2 weeks on Symi. Can't believe we have been back a week already, but then again since being back at work it seems like we have never been away. Everything just clicked into place this year from the very start. The day flights were so much better, the transfers were better than we could have envisaged, the hotel was great and we felt really settled and part of Symi from the minute we stepped off the Dodecanese Pride.

I have to apologise once again to Benedetti and Wee Jimmy for overstaying our welcome. We had certainly not intended to stay so long, but the company was so good (as was the Cair :geek: ) time just flew by. Thanks again for the evening we had a great time.

Sorry all at SV we didn't come for a visit, but it is a long walk from the Nireus round to your office!!!! That is a really poor excuse, I know.

As you know we were a bit sceptical about being in a hotel, but we couldn't have asked for better, and all being well we are hoping to book up again for next year.

It's good to be back, but don't get much time to participate any more as don't stay in the office for lunch now and Findlay hogs the computer at home in the evenings.
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Mille » 06 Oct 2006, 12:50

Welcome Mrs. McS :)
It's good to have you here!!! :mrgreen:
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adriana » 06 Oct 2006, 13:14

Hello Mrs McS! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(Psst...is that enough of a fanfare?) :|
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby MrsMcS » 06 Oct 2006, 14:24

Thanks Mille, Adriana and Allan for my welcome and my huge fanfare. It's good to be back 8-)

P.S. Hope you had a good birthday Mille. I enjoyed mine on Sunday. It was a nice way to round off the holiday, but unfortunately it was back to work on Monday morning :cry:
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby benedetti » 07 Oct 2006, 18:55

Hello you two. I love your avatar, so you. Scotland is playing France today, I wonder how they will fare?
We have booked up the same apparetment next year. Same time same place? I promise to try to keep up with you night owls.
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 09 Oct 2006, 08:28

Hello Mrs.McS, nice to see you back on the page. ;) We all missed you and the long-suffering Findlay. :mrgreen:
You are right, time flies on Symi, i usually go for between 3 and 4 weeks and that flies as well, whats the old saying "Time flies when you're having fun".
I guess the only thing that stopped it being a memorable holiday was that there wasn't an ozzie geoff this time! :| I still vaguely remember that night in Aris' and Pachos after. :(
Hop on the web when Findlay goes to replenish his drink..or tell him there is free booze down at your local!! :geek:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Postby MrsMcS » 11 Oct 2006, 20:24

Managed to grab a minute or two on the computer while Findlay is watching the Scotland match (oops Ukraine have just scored).
Looks like we might not be seeing you next year, Benedetti, with Laskarina folding. That was a shock and very sad to see another tour company going under. Hope you will be able to find an alternative. We are deliberating over whether to book again for the Nireus. Looks like we might need to get in quick as some of the Laskarina crew might be looking for alternative companies to book with. Don't want to tempt fate by booking yet as Findlay going under the knife on Monday (I am such an optimist!!)
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby MrsMcS » 11 Oct 2006, 20:30

Ozzie Geoff, what do you mean "long suffering Findlay". Long suffering Mrs McS more like. You have no idea what I have had to put up with for the past 23 years :idea: .

You nearly got it right with Aris's and Pachos, but one was wrong :P
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby benedetti » 11 Oct 2006, 23:43

Wish Findley all the best from wee Jimmy and I. We are thinking about alternative arrangements already. we would join you in the Nireus but it is too far to walk for us oaps.
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Adriana » 12 Oct 2006, 07:29

You can book direct with the Nireus Hotel if you can't find a suitable package. You'll find their contact details on their webpage on our website and also on the link on our home page.

:)
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 12 Oct 2006, 08:41

I think Aris' is right. :oops: The other is a bit of a blur. :(
It goes to prove that there is nothing worse than a drinking companion with a good memory. :o

Hope all goes well for Findlay on Monday. Is he a good patient? :idea:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Postby MrsMcS » 12 Oct 2006, 14:47

Thanks for the good wishes, Benedetti and Wee Jimmy. I will pass them on to Findlay. Hope you will be able to find a way of making it to Symi next year as it wouldn't be the same if we missed out on our annual get together :geek: If you can walk up all those steps to your apartment this year and the previous years, the Nireus would be a doddle!! Still can't believe that Laskarina has folded. It will hit a lot of the regulars hard.
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby MrsMcS » 12 Oct 2006, 14:52

[quote="Ozzie Geoff"]

I think Aris' is right. :oops: The other is a bit of a blur. :(
It goes to prove that there is nothing worse than a drinking companion with a good memory. :o

Hope all goes well for Findlay on Monday. Is he a good patient? :idea:
[/quote]

There are certain things I will never forget :o and no Findlay is not a good patient. I think my life will be very difficult for the next couple of months :idea:
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 12 Oct 2006, 15:09

A couple of months, MrsMcS? :twisted:
Streuth! What is it? A frontal lobotomy? :(
Whats the old saying? "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" :?:
Anyway, just hold his hand and wipe his fevered brow and tell him that his pals are thinking of him. :geek:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Postby benedetti » 12 Oct 2006, 19:28

Did you make a good recovery from your frontal OG?
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Next

Return to Off Topic