Best Live Shows

Chat about anything else

Best Live Shows

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 14 Oct 2006, 15:49

What are the 3 best lives shows you have seen? This could be a beauty. :D
I'll start it off:

#1 Tina turner live at the Hilton Hotel in Sydney @1980ish. Small venue, we went to the supper show, she had already done one show that evening. It was her days of that "lion mane" type hairdo and boy, was she fantastic, she performed for nearly 2 hours, intergrating with the audience...it was just fantastic. Talk about legs!!! :o

#2 The monologue by Peter Ustinov in about 1987 here in Perth. One man, a lectern and a few hours of absolute magic. He had the audience enthralled by his antedotes and recitals. What a talented man.

#3 I have to slot Barry Humphries here, aka Dame Edna. Love him or hate him, he's a great talent. He's here in Perth again next month, I'll see him because you never know when he will pull the plug.

A mate of mine went to uni with him in Melbourne and he was a wag then. One time he arranged for some small people to be dressed as school girls and placed in line at a bus stop at peak time. Barry hired a large black car with tinted windows and drove slowly to the bus stop, paused and a hand offering sweets appeared thru an opened window. The girls, on cue, squealed and piled into the car. The faces of the other commuters is priceless and is captured on old black and white film. :o
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Return to Off Topic