Google Earth /Symi

Chat about anything else

Google Earth /Symi

Postby Kon » 15 Oct 2006, 12:57

Hi everyone just wondering,i have been playing with Google Earth and i can get to see most of the places in Greece that we visited but Symi seems to be hard to focus on it and i cant get close in has anybody tried it ?.
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Google Earth /Symi

Postby Allan » 15 Oct 2006, 13:05

Hi Kon

The resolution of the images on Google Earth varies from place to place. Symi is still fairly poor as you say. I guess they think it isn't "important"! The images are improving steadily so hopefully they will get round to Symi one day.

But then again.... Do we want people to find out how wonderful it is? :oops:

I've been tryind to "date" the images of Rhodes (much better resolution than Symi) and they seem to be from before work started on the new airport terminal. Can anyone narrow it down further?
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Google Earth /Symi

Postby Richard » 15 Oct 2006, 13:06

Kon,
I've played with it several times and inserted place-holders for the Trata, Pat's Bar and Natasha the Donkey (well, she doesn't move around very much).
The resolution isn't wonderful for Symi but some places are much better defined. We can see the yellow umbrellas outside St Mary's church in Krakow. I can't quite read the crossword that the fellow in the red shirt at the South table is contemplating.
We await Google's improvement.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Google Earth /Symi

Postby Kon » 15 Oct 2006, 13:22

Allan its funny you say about the date on the image because when i zoom into my place and my sisters place who lives ten minutes away from me we look at the land scaping and hers is complete and my is not ,problem is mine was finished 2 years before she stated hers :?:
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Google Earth /Symi

Postby Kon » 15 Oct 2006, 13:31

Allan also the image i have of the new aiport is a recent one because i can see the plane that is dumped on the left on the runway and is only used as spare parts ,now i think it came down in 1999 it was an Arabic airways ????? but they could not repair it .[quote="Allan"]

Hi Kon

The resolution of the images on Google Earth varies from place to place. Symi is still fairly poor as you say. I guess they think it isn't "important"! The images are improving steadily so hopefully they will get round to Symi one day.

But then again.... Do we want people to find out how wonderful it is? :oops:

I've been tryind to "date" the images of Rhodes (much better resolution than Symi) and they seem to be from before work started on the new airport terminal. Can anyone narrow it down further?
[/quote]
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Google Earth /Symi

Postby symivisitor » 15 Oct 2006, 15:51

[img]http://www.symivisitor.com/symigoogle.[/img]
symivisitor
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Off Topic