Greetings

Chat about anything else

Greetings

Postby symivisitor » 14 Oct 2006, 00:53

And you were quite right to do so. Hi Kojak and welcome back-sorry it's taken me so long to say that but been a bit distracted lately! :geek:
symivisitor
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Greetings

Postby Olive » 15 Oct 2006, 19:10

Kojak

Great to see you back in the Symi Chat, hope to see you here regularly
Olive
Olive
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Greetings

Postby Kojak » 15 Oct 2006, 23:35

Hello Mike and Olive, thanks for your welcome. 8-)
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Greetings

Postby MrsMcS » 16 Oct 2006, 14:19

Welcome back, Kojak. Sorry we missed you again this year, but think you arrived the day we left! Maybe that was down to good planning on your part :)
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Greetings

Postby MrsMcS » 16 Oct 2006, 14:27

I think the name of the Italian girls' place is called Tsatis. As you say Sunshine it is very peaceful sitting there with the candles twinkling in the trees and the classical or jazz music playing in the background. A very pleasant place to end an evening. Aaah the memories.
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Greetings

Postby Kojak » 16 Oct 2006, 20:10

Hmmm Mrs McS. I've just booked for next year but I'm not telling you when :twisted: Maybe you won't be quite so lucky! :P
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Greetings

Postby Anthony » 19 Oct 2006, 23:34

[quote="Kojak"]

Laskarina's demise seems to prompt a different answer from everyone, but the most likely option seems to be that George Kaladoukis and Frances may do something between them. That may help Symi, but I don't know what will happen to Halki and Tilos, it could be devastating for them.
[/quote]

Ian Murdoch's letter to Laskarina clients which broke the sad news assured us that they are currently collecting information on how properties in their current programme could be booked through their local agents (eg. George Kaladoukas) and the present Laskarina staff. This will then be published on their website. Frances was certainly very clear that she will still be based in the Kalodoukas office next year, simply working for George instead of for Laskarina. The two girls were being very (too?) optimistic that existing Laskarina clients will continue to come to Symi booking their own flights and arranging their own transfers: what is more difficult to envisage is that new people will find out about Symi and come.

The other major loser from all this will of course be Symi Animal Welfare and the island's cats. No doubt the winter feeding programme can still be funded but who will fund the vet's visit, which has until now been paid for by Laskarina? Whether or not one is a cat lover there can be little doubt that a healthy cat population (which requires some measure of birth control, ie. neutering) is less offensive to the eye than a sick one, and S.A.W.'s contribution in its small way avoids detracting from the island's appeal.
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Previous

Return to Off Topic