Moderater power

Chat about anything else

Moderater power

Postby Sheila and Andrew » 31 Oct 2006, 01:18

Seems like the minute you raise a question or comment that is not wanted by the moderation team the bloody red pen/padlock comes out again. BTW this is Sheila just to be clear, so that any response is directed to me not my husband.
Sheila and Andrew

Moderater power

Postby Hermes » 31 Oct 2006, 01:38

The really interesting thing is that it was Kojak who started the thread and was throwing around the accusations, and when people responded all he could do was react in the way we've come to expect of him. Then we have "Mille the Moderator" jumping to her old pal's defence. As it was in the "old days" on this chat page, someone posts something inflammatory and it is the people who complain who get slapped in the mouth by the moderator.

The idea that this site is a service for its users is a joke, its just about making money for the SV, and it doesn;t take more than half a brain to see this.
Hermes
Visitor

Moderater power

Postby symiblue » 31 Oct 2006, 09:13

The thread has been locked presumably because it was going nowhere and was simply a repitition of comments that have been made more than once before by the usual suspects - and that includes Kojak.

At least the posts haven't been deleted as has happened on the othere site recently.
symiblue
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Moderater power

Postby bill » 31 Oct 2006, 10:30

Give me strength, how many times? :evil: You have to be registered to post on the 'Other Page' as part of the T and C's, if you don't register, you can't have legimate posts.

You must have understood as you finally registered SymiBlue :D

So please tell everybody why the posts were deleted on the 'Other Page', as you know exactly why!!!! Stop causing trouble.

:? :!: :!: :?
bill
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Moderater power

Postby symiblue » 31 Oct 2006, 14:16

Bill, I was already registered as Symiblue on the other site. The post was simply deleted because someone objected to the content or wrongly believed I was someone else. This is not causing trouble just putting the facts straight.
symiblue
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Moderater power

Postby benedetti » 31 Oct 2006, 14:41

[quote="symiblue"]

The thread has been locked presumably because it was going nowhere and was simply a repitition of comments that have been made more than once before by the usual suspects - and that includes Kojak.

At least the posts haven't been deleted as has happened on the othere site recently.
[/quote]
The thread was locked not because it wasn't going anywhere. It was going in the supposed wrong direction.
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Moderater power

Postby symiblue » 31 Oct 2006, 15:13

and was simply going over old ground yet again..and again..and again.
symiblue
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Moderater power

Postby bill » 31 Oct 2006, 15:34

Since the mix-up and explaination, have your posts as SymiBlue remained, or was it the previous you are talking about?
bill
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Moderater power

Postby Sunshine » 31 Oct 2006, 15:43

[quote="Sheila and Andrew"]

Seems like the minute you raise a question or comment that is not wanted by the moderation team the bloody red pen/padlock comes out again. BTW this is Sheila just to be clear, so that any response is directed to me not my husband.
[/quote]

...Sheila, this has happened to me a lot on the other side..it got to the point where Will registered as me ie Sunshine and also my wife within a minute of one post in order to stop me from posting any more...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Moderater power

Postby symiblue » 31 Oct 2006, 15:44

I'm not sure it was a mix up and there was certainly no explanation. The original postings remained deleted. Later posts are still on the site as far as I'm aware tho the thread became locked because it was too long according to the moderator.

[quote="bill"]

Since the mix-up and explaination, have your posts as SymiBlue remained, or was it the previous you are talking about?
[/quote]
symiblue
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Moderater power

Postby Sunshine » 31 Oct 2006, 15:47

[quote="Hermes"]

As it was in the "old days" on this chat page, someone posts something inflammatory and it is the people who complain who get slapped in the mouth by the moderator.
[/quote]

Hi Will...Hmm, I seem to remember that happening to me a lot on the other page over the last few months...

...hello, it seems that my posting name has been changed by the moderator over there as well!...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Moderater power

Postby Sunshine » 31 Oct 2006, 15:48

[quote="bill"]

You have to be registered to post on the 'Other Page' as part of the T and C's, if you don't register, you can't have legimate posts.
[/quote]

...Err actually Bill, you don't have to be registered to post on the other page...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Moderater power

Postby benedetti » 31 Oct 2006, 15:56

At the risk of going on and on I think Will is a big girls blouse for complaining so much. Kojak follows a long line of drink drenchers including Anna Ford. Just a waste of booze really but no harm done. At least he didn't tell anyone to #### off and die.
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Moderater power

Postby Hermes » 31 Oct 2006, 16:03

Er, no, Alan. You have never posted a single message on the other page which hasn't been unpleasant. You even admitted that you were giving Will a "taste" of what he had "given Kojak" in an early post. There was no principle involved on your part, just a desire to damage and be constantly present with your drip-drip antagonism and wrecker-agenda. Somebody registered your username after you failed to do it for months, presumably because they were sick and tired of you. You were given plenty of opportunity to take the name "Sunshine" yet you refused to do so on the many occasions when this was suggested, so stop whuinging that you have somehow been robbed of your identity.

Your behaviour culminated with you posting the same message using about 15 different usernames in about 10 different threads within a period of a few minutes and the moderators decided that you were making an attack on the site and removed your privilege to post as an unregistered user. Personally, I think that was generous of them. I would have banned you permanently. If you had any intention of being a constructive member of the chat page community on SG, you wouldn't keep trying to twist the rules and you'd stop all the false indignation and register there.
Hermes
Visitor

Moderater power

Postby Hermes » 31 Oct 2006, 16:14

Actually benedetti, shortly after he had thrown his drink on Will, he announced in the crowded bar to Will "i wish you would drop down dead". Lots of people heard this quite clearly, including myself. The only reason he or I keep mentioning it is because Norman keeps trying to justify himself. I was there and saw the reaction of the bar staff at Harani. Norman may have been going to Greece for years, but he understands nothing of the concept of "filoxenia" and the insult he gave to his hosts, and he keeps on repeating this behaviour year after year and laughs about it and attempts to justify himself. It is that, not Will getting wet, that bothers me about this entire incident.
Hermes
Visitor

Moderater power

Postby symiblue » 31 Oct 2006, 16:35

Hermes, for goodness sake, With all that is going on in the world today, is pouring a drink over Will really that terrible or newsworthy? If Norman keeps trying to justify himself, so what. It seems a terrible waste of alcohol but there we go...
symiblue
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Moderater power

Postby Sunshine » 31 Oct 2006, 16:44

[quote="Hermes"]

Er, no, Alan. You have never posted a single message on the other page which hasn't been unpleasant. You even admitted that you were giving Will a "taste" of what he had "given Kojak" in an early post. There was no principle involved on your part, just a desire to damage and be constantly present with your drip-drip antagonism and wrecker-agenda. Somebody registered your username after you failed to do it for months, presumably because they were sick and tired of you. You were given plenty of opportunity to take the name "Sunshine" yet you refused to do so on the many occasions when this was suggested, so stop whuinging that you have somehow been robbed of your identity.

Your behaviour culminated with you posting the same message using about 15 different usernames in about 10 different threads within a period of a few minutes and the moderators decided that you were making an attack on the site and removed your privilege to post as an unregistered user. Personally, I think that was generous of them. I would have banned you permanently. If you had any intention of being a constructive member of the chat page community on SG, you wouldn't keep trying to twist the rules and you'd stop all the false indignation and register there.
[/quote]

...If you recall Will, you got all vitriolic because I posted "a storm in a teacup" (that's all I originally posted) - You then started to delete my posts as I made them and then YOU registered as 'Sunshine' in an attempt to silence me, My wife complained since you deleted everything I posted and then YOU did the same to her, registering as 'Lynn' and then deleting her subsequent posts. All this happened within less than a minute of each post so you can't deny it was you! Someone else simply couldn't register and then post so quickly. My subsequent posting, which I did several times (because you continued to delete them) consisted of a transcript of the postings deleted by you together with your replies! I still have the transcript and would be happy to post it here to prove that you are not telling the truth ...it's up to you...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Moderater power

Postby Sunshine » 31 Oct 2006, 16:47

[quote="symiblue"]

Hermes, for goodness sake, With all that is going on in the world today, is pouring a drink over Will really that terrible or newsworthy? If Norman keeps trying to justify himself, so what. It seems a terrible waste of alcohol but there we go...
[/quote]

...btw Symiblue - Hermes is Will - he admitted it to me a while ago...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Moderater power

Postby Sunshine » 31 Oct 2006, 17:12

...Hmm, who else I wonder, could attempt to register, receive an e-mail with a registration code and then log on and join in a posting, expressing exactly the same views as you Will, using the same language as you Will, all in less than one minute?...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Moderater power

Postby bill » 31 Oct 2006, 17:12

Sunshine,
thats the whole point, you must register to meet the T and C's of the message board, otherwise the posts are removed.

LAST TIME: IF YOU LOGIN YOUR POSTS WILL NOT BE REMOVED.

YOU MUST REGISTER.
bill
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Next

Return to Off Topic