Melbourne Cup

Chat about anything else

Melbourne Cup

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 06 Nov 2006, 08:04

Its Melbourne Cup day tomorrow, always the first tuesday in Nov. Raiders from your area are here as are your jocks Kieran Fallon and Frankie Dettori. The UK horse Yeats is favourite...I dunno 59kg over 2 miles with $5 million at the end of it. Time alone will tell.
Saturday was Derby day, reputed to be the best race day in the world (right, Kon?). Nearly 130,000 people flocked to Flemington to see it.
What we bet on it is staggering, I'll supply the figures later.
Its on at 4.15am your time, stick a tape on, its worth watching. :geek:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Melbourne Cup

Postby Kon » 10 Nov 2006, 01:44

I didn't bet this year so i stuck $20 in my sons money box ,my wife went to the race as a guest to one of the banks who grovel to her to use thier lending facilities to her work .She had a good time mixing with some one day wonders but she too could not pick a winner.Oaks day they say is the day to go to the odds of 200 women to each male atendacys :) .We call this day blokes day. ;)
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Melbourne Cup

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 10 Nov 2006, 02:03

The Cup went to Japan with their horses running first and second. :evil:
My dear old Gran would be spinning in her grave, she had 2 sons on the Burma Road and hated them with a passion. :twisted:

Aussies wagered $140 million on the Cup, thats tote only, you could double that to include the bookies..
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Melbourne Cup

Postby Maggiemoo » 10 Nov 2006, 07:38

Hubby won the sweepstake at work - but had no idea what his horse was called!! 30 bucks! that'll pay for my lattes for a few days!!
Maggiemoo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Off Topic