Look at those avatars

Chat about anything else

Look at those avatars

Postby Dave » 08 Nov 2006, 23:14

Mad Cow for me - about right, especially considering the alternative that Alan provided !
Adriana - a nice, natural photo. Would expect nothing less
Alan - sunglasses chic. Way to go Alan ! But no Shelby Mustang? Let yourself down there son !
Geoff - Snoopy ? Puleeeze ! Rottweiller yes - Snoopy, no.
Richard - Super Penguin ? "S.P." plus chat of 300 bottles? Super, maybe but P for penguin ?.....another word (sounds like hiss-head) may be more appropriate.
Antony - a real photograph too. Poor kid ! A cross between Alfred E. Neuman and me in a jersey knitted by my Nan whilst waiting for the nit-nurse and a visit to the clinic for the spoonful of malt extract and the concentrated orange juice with an aftertaste of battery acid. Never tasted a banana 'til I was twelve, you know !
Kojak - beer. What else would it be? A badge of honour after being called a prat and a drunk! Way to go, Dad !
Kon - a lovely family photo. So normal it's difficult to live up to - ours would look like the Addams Family on acid !
Millie - who cares .... lovely in any shape or form
Hermes - a bat ?
Graeme - Batman ?
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Look at those avatars

Postby Richard » 09 Nov 2006, 15:39

Here you are:

[img]http://www.firestation.org.uk/cobra.[/img]
[img]http://www.firestation.org.uk/bat.[/img]
[img]http://www.firestation.org.uk/batman.[/img]

Blame Mille, she told me how to do this.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Look at those avatars

Postby Dave » 09 Nov 2006, 20:36

Y'know ........ for an apparently nice person, she's got a lot to answer for ! And a moderator ? Bring back Vlad the Impaler ! :)
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Look at those avatars

Postby Allan » 10 Nov 2006, 16:38

Aww Dave, I can't let you get away with that one!

I just have to step in here and defend a fellow moderator against the scurrilous sugestion that she is somehow worse than Vlad The Impaler.

I've never met the lady in person but I can assure you such a comparison is completely unfounded.

Anne Robinson perhaps but not Vlad! :P
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Look at those avatars

Postby Joanie » 11 Nov 2006, 00:43

Dave,malt and orange??? no way.It was cod liver oil and malt,if you did'nt drink the oil you could'nt have the malt,and with sweets still on ration(a few years after the war)we wanted the malt.The oil was disgusting,there's no way i would give my kids that.But it was diferent then ,i suppose we had to have the vitamins,there, now i've given my age away
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Look at those avatars

Postby Dave » 11 Nov 2006, 20:58

I do stand corrected - the malt extract in the big spoon was the bonus. Did you ever, in the novelty of it all, get greedy and sup the orange direct from the bottle.

Without the water to dilute it your cheeks used to slam shut at the speed of light ( at both ends if you had any sense) ! :D

A dry wine has no fears for me since that day - even James Bond was a wimp, diluting that dry vermouth down with vodka ! :geek:
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Look at those avatars

Postby Joanie » 11 Nov 2006, 22:09

Yes i know what you mean about the orange(from the clinic)your right but do you remember the cod liver oil? uggh!!
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Look at those avatars

Postby Dave » 11 Nov 2006, 22:49

Ooooh ! I do remember the cod liver oil ( in which case I should have said "Yearrrrrgh !".

These days it's called "Omega 3" which makes it okay in yoofspeek !

Quite where they're going to get the cod liver oil from as there's now a rush on it when cod is extinct (according to that preposterous little prat, Ben Bradshaw - the one who won't have bigger mesh nets to let the small cod through but because you can't land them after they've been caught in the small mesh nets they have to be thrown back dead), I don't know.

Really cool though, that "Omega 3" name ....... very sci-fi. In our day they would have probably called it "Muffin the Mule" - up with the time of that era (if it hadn't sounded like a sex crime ! :D

I used to have a Muffin the Mule puppet - the only thing I could make it imitate was a dead donkey .........I wasn't a natural puppeteer, you understand ! :)
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic