There are 7000 peolpe in UK ..............

Chat about anything else

Postby Dave » 09 Nov 2006, 20:55

........every year in UK who put unleaded into diesel cars or diesel into petrol cars.

LADEEEZ and GENTLEMEN - I give you 7001. Oh yes ! After 35 years driving and being a professional driver to boot, at 0500 today I stuck �15-00 of unleaded into my diesel and even managed to get 11 miles into work before the sinking feeling of realisation penetrated my aged brain ! :oops:

Anybody know next Friday's winning lottery numbers so I can get the engine fettled - judging bu the cough as the engine died in the firm's car park I'll need the brass ! :evil:
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Allan » 09 Nov 2006, 21:15

Eeek that's bad news Dave!

I blame it on the ungodly hour. At 5 in the morning I'd be as likely to fill up my car with bananas as unleaded. :oops:

If the company you work for expect you to be up at that time then it's their fault your motor's busted. Get them to pay for it.

No?

OK. What if you say please?

Still no?

Lottery it is then :cry:
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kojak » 09 Nov 2006, 22:58

I filled my diesel Xantia (massive tank) up with unleaded a couple of years ago. :evil: Fortunately I'd only driven 1 mile before I realised it. It still cost me �70 to get the tank emptied and flushed plus another �40 to refill it plus the �40 that I'd paid for the unleaded. As they say "you only ever do it once..." :?

Off to bonny Inverness tomorrow to visit Alex, one of the Symi crowd. I'm flying up from Liverpool, it's cheaper than the train fare and about 2 days quicker! I just hope they don't fill the plane up with unleaded by mistake :o
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 10 Nov 2006, 02:13

Hate to admit this but years ago I put water instead of oil into my old Morris 1100. :?
Its just so easy to do if the old brain is in neutral or sloshing around in a gallon of Grappa.
Hope your firm doesn't make you cough up, Dave. That would put a dent in the Chrissy fund. :o
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Postby Maggiemoo » 10 Nov 2006, 07:36

Hey Kojak, will you please say hello to Alex from me - I've not been in touch with or heard from him in ages, so hope he's still fine and dandy. Cheers me dears,

Maggie
Maggiemoo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Dave » 11 Nov 2006, 21:06

Apparently it could have been worse - according to the mechanic at my local garage all I have to do is fill it with diesel and run it a short distance ! If it had been diesel into a petrol car I would have lottery win size problems, it says here! (There's no smilie for "confused dickhead" apparently !) :)
If you hear an explosion at around 10.00 on Tuesday as I try to ease the limo from the works car park, look upwards. I'm the one overtaking the space shuttle ! :D
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Kojak » 13 Nov 2006, 18:56

Maggiemoo: Jusr got back from a wet and windy visit to the Highlands :cry: Alex is fine :) It took longer to drive from the airport than it did to fly from Inverness!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Off Topic