For Joanie

Chat about anything else

For Joanie

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 17 Nov 2006, 03:29

So your daughter is taking the plunge, eh Joanie?
In 2003 I met an English family in Bali and sold them on Perth. After the process, which at times was very frustrating, they arrive on Xmas Eve. They were here in June to validate their visas and bought a block of land at Ellenbrook.
What work does your son-in-law do? We are in a huge resources boom which unfortunately has resulted in an equally huge increase in house prices.
Did you know that Perth/WA has more millionaires per capita than any other place on the globe? Unfortunately it missed me, but I know plenty of them.
Yes, I know Coogee and Gwelup. I live in Mt. Lawley which is not that far from Gwelup, Coogee is a bit of a hike south, I'd say a 40 min drive.
I'll look forward to meeting up with you when you venture down. Just bear in mind that you are only a day away.
When does your family arrive?
Best Wishes
Geoff
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

For Joanie

Postby Joanie » 17 Nov 2006, 20:20

they got their visas Tues so they will soon be booking their flights for the New Year as soon as poss after the 1st.It does'nt sound so bad when you put it like that(only a day away).They are very exited about it all.My son in law has a job at Dunlop.My mum is 96 so i think they want to spend xmas with her and me of course,you never know what happens at that age.Yes Geoff i will meet up with you when i come over.
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

For Joanie

Postby Dave » 17 Nov 2006, 20:35

Qh, Joanie ! You fell for the "Three Card Trick " ! :o

Now's the time to get us the information we all really want. Is he really a knuckle dragging neanderthal ? When's that bloody horse of his racing again - at decent odds ? If he offers you a lobster dinner in a good restaurant ( plenty to choose from) go for the top end of the wine list !

Why is Perth the best kept secret in Australia when he keeps talking about it ? And even I've been there !

Don't go for a swim in the Swan River. I was out there when someone hurled themselves into the mouth of a shark ! That's taking Extreme Sports to, well, extremes !

More poisonous creatures out there than anywhere else - and the fauna is just as bad ! :D :D

Tell you family to check under the dunny seat - if our spiders get to your backside they only tickle, out there them red-backs and funnel webs tend to make your eyes water a tadge ! :(

And if Perth is that great, why does the old anti-p.c. reprobate keep legging it up to Broom, Bali and (to keep the alliteration going) bloody everywhere else ? Probably on the basis that it's difficult to hit a moving target !!! :D

Cheers Geoff - character assaination complete. Anything else I can do for you before The Ashes start ? 8-)
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic