Postby Ozzie Geoff » 27 Nov 2006, 06:34

Ashes to Ashes......I won't rub it in, but what more can I say? :P
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

LBW

Postby Dave » 27 Nov 2006, 17:15

You WON'T rub it in? What are you saying? Some sort of Damascene conversion? :o

You're an Aussie - you can't see a belt and not hit below it ! :D

Take care, my hero ! We British chaps are notoriously slow starters - I give you 1914, 1939, 1966 - even 1066. Actually, 1066 wasn't that slow - King Harald spanked Millie's ancestors at Stamford Bridge north of York then legged it down to Sussex to fight those Johnny Foreigners from Normandy in marginally less time than it takes in 2006 by train ! :evil:
No wonder they were all knackered when they got there - no buffet service .... again ! :cry:

Anyway, losing in Sussex was a ploy - we ended up with the Channel Islands ....... so just be careful, old son ! Losing at the Gabba could be a ploy and we might end up owning Perth - and when Gordon Brown's done with taxing you colonial chappies into submission, your cheap lobster lunches with gallons of decent plonk will be a thing of the past ! :geek:
And ask Shane Warne about his mate Pieterson ! I think the phrase in the nets is, "Go and fetch that one back and have another go, my old son!" :D
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

LBW

Postby Richard » 27 Nov 2006, 17:37

I know Dave doesn't like the Guardian but they did have a wonderful letter about the cricket (from an Australian):

"Of course the Australians are the best cricketers. Anything that involves bashing something and then running comes naturally to us"
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

LBW

Postby Dave » 27 Nov 2006, 18:02

Richard .... I wish I'd thought of that ! It made me giggle ! :D

Some antipodean echidna with his spines up and ready ( Hi, Uncle Geoff(allegedly), are you there? :twisted: ) will tell you all about the times they didn't ! :P

It's just a joke, alright?

It's not us that are saying you've got to be nice to us Poms - it's those ex-ockers that have discovered their feminine liberal side ! :o :geek:
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic