Firefox 2

Chat about anything else

Firefox 2

Postby Richard » 06 Dec 2006, 23:10

Has anyone else tried Firefox 2 yet? I am not used to the new way of closing tabs so keep closing the whole page without logging out. Do you like the other changes?

At least I now know how to read Greek characters with it instead of the coded symbols, which makes life much easier.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Firefox 2

Postby Allan » 06 Dec 2006, 23:16

Use it all the time Richard - much better (and safer!) than Internet Exploiter.

There is a setting in Tools and gt; Options and gt; Tabs to make Firefox warn you if you're closing multiple tabs to avoid closing the browser without logging out.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Firefox 2

Postby Richard » 06 Dec 2006, 23:53

The difference in Firefox 2.0 is that each tab has a "close" X instead of the old X at the right hand side of the tab line which used to close only the currently opened one. Fortunately the "close multiple tabs" warning is still there as you say but this doesn't help if only one is open on a page. I agree with you about IE. Does anyone still use it? At least their new version 7 has tabs but it's still not as safe as the Mozilla coding, which is used in Opera as well.
I can't understand what I've just written either! I'll go away again and see if I remembered to tape Nigella.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Firefox 2

Postby symiblue » 07 Dec 2006, 10:33

[quote="Richard"]

The difference in Firefox 2.0 is that each tab has a "close" X instead of the old X at the right hand side of the tab line which used to close only the currently opened one. Fortunately the "close multiple tabs" warning is still there as you say but this doesn't help if only one is open on a page. I agree with you about IE. Does anyone still use it? At least their new version 7 has tabs but it's still not as safe as the Mozilla coding, which is used in Opera as well.
I can't understand what I've just written either! I'll go away again and see if I remembered to tape Nigella.
[/quote]

Hope you did tape it, she was wonderful .....and the food looked good too!
symiblue
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Firefox 2

Postby Allan » 07 Dec 2006, 10:57

Oh! You mean "video tape the programme" Richard.

Phew, I thought "Tape Nigella" was some sort of strange fetish. Can't imagine why that thought popped into my mind 8-)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Firefox 2

Postby Mille » 07 Dec 2006, 10:59

OI, Allan.
Dont make me moderate a moderator :twisted:

Now, go take that cold shower
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Firefox 2