LBW

Chat about anything else

LBW

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 11 Dec 2006, 06:15

Richard, Unless you are a re-constituted Botham I don't think
you could be much help. Its as though the Poms have been pricked like a voodoo doll. :!: .
Our mutual mate Willy, as in Kojaks mate, has a pal of his here for the test. As promised I contacted him and we are having a beer and a steak tomorrow night. He's a Geordie named Ron, so I'll be able to give him a bit of curry!! :twisted:
The Barmy Army will certainly be going barmy, I just hope they don't get p*ssed and go on the rampage after the wickets have fallen. :(
:cry:
Our Damien Martyn pulled the plug, sent CA an email saying he was retiring immediately. Then hopped on a plane and went to Hawaii "where they have never heard of cricket". Whether he jumped before he was pushed is subject to conjecture but he did forego some millions in fees and endorsements. He'll be missed but the pressure must have got to him so he "retired" before the men in white coats came for him. :(

I do think you will win one test, probably in Melbourne. We are such good sports and never kick a bloke when he's down. :geek:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

LBW

Postby Richard » 11 Dec 2006, 13:51

I just can't understand why the selectors keep ignoring me. Hitting Mr Warne about can't be that difficult.
There was a letter in this morning's paper suggesting that Mr Vaughan should have been in the Perth Carnival at the weekend, probably riding on one of the camels. He would have been the star attraction and a good advert for the coming battle. Lawrence of Arabia springs to mind. Did you take part in the procession?
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

LBW

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 11 Dec 2006, 13:58

Dunno what parade you're talking about, Richard. the only parade on Sat. night was the Christmas Pageant, 300,000 peple lining the streets
waving at a multitude of Santas.
Willie's mate, Ron, was one of them..admittedly it went right passed his hotel. :D
With the wicket here at the WACA being what it is, fast, bloody fast, I really doubt you will get a look in. Plus its going to be very warm..low 30s.
I hear that Mr. Warne's strike rate is quite good but rumour has it he bowls a few googlies and his runs aren't up to scratch. 8-)
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Return to Off Topic