Frosty Colchester.

Chat about anything else

Frosty Colchester.

Postby benedetti » 10 Dec 2006, 11:51

We are all booked and paid for. Same time same place. It's a bit scary coming as an Indi instead of a Laskie but we are grown ups.
We are usually in Venice this time of the year but have opted instead for a river cruise on the Danube to see in the new year.
Very very frosty this morning in Colchester but extremely pretty. Hope the fires are under control Kon.
Lang may yer lum reek.xx
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Frosty Colchester.

Postby Kon » 11 Dec 2006, 06:20

Have a great time Benedetti sounds great :) ,as for the fires well i think we are in for a horid season.I think the only bit of frost i saw this year was 35,000 feet in the air on my plane seat window. :oops:
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Frosty Colchester.

Postby Adriana » 11 Dec 2006, 11:42

The Danube sounds like fun. Which bit? Austria? :geek:
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Frosty Colchester.

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 11 Dec 2006, 13:50

Vienna, have to be my favourite city.
Sorella and Wee Jimmy, I expect you have been there but its a city you can visit time and time again. :mrgreen:
Err, you said you were a wee bit offish when you have a big gargle, Sorella. Keep yer decorum on the paddle steamer and not toss Wee J into the blue Danube. 8-)
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Frosty Colchester.

Postby benedetti » 11 Dec 2006, 20:06

I am looking to the trip as I have never been to Austria etc. We fly to Budapest where wee Jimmy has booked a night at the opera (Madame Butterfly) as an extra Xmas present. On to Bratislava, Vienna and Salzburg. I'll try to behave but it gets more difficult as I age. I canny seem to mature gracefully.
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Frosty Colchester.

Postby Tove » 11 Dec 2006, 20:18

Yuo can look forward to your trip.I were in Vienna when I was very young (ages ago) and got the opportunity again last year when our flight from Athen was cancelled. We got a new one to Copenhagen with 6 hours in Vienna in July. Very beautiful. We reached 3 museums, a wienerschnitzel in an beatiful outdoor restaurant in a quare in the center and brought a lot of Austrian cakes with us to the evening coffee in Copenhagen. The Metro from the airport works fine.And Salzburg is very wonderful too. I lived in Munich for some time in the 60'es and visited it several times. Maybe its changed, but certainly the building are still standing.
Tove
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Frosty Colchester.

Postby Adriana » 12 Dec 2006, 12:21

Gosh, Benedetti, you are lucky. Madame Butterfly is one of my favourite operatic 'weepies'. Do you know who's singing?

By the way, I keep meaning to ask. Are you related to Nicola Benedetti, the svelte young violinist? :oops:
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Frosty Colchester.

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 13 Dec 2006, 01:41

Svelte and young? Of course she must be related. ;)

Sorella, when in Vienna you must have coffee and torte at the Sacher Hotel. Its near he Opera House (not Maria and Manny's :) ), the city is quite compact so you can't miss it.
I didn't go as I only had very casual clothes...if you go you'll understand so iron a nice frock and wipe Wee Js chin. :twisted:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Frosty Colchester.

Postby benedetti » 13 Dec 2006, 11:25

Thanks for all the tips. I dont know who is performing. The wee Benedetti is no relation as far as I know. As some of you will have worked out Benedetti was my name before I married wee Jimmy, I am now Mrs Wee Jimmy. When I was a ward sister and answered the telephone as Sister Benedetti they used to think I was a nun. (anybody who knows me will verify this would be unlikely but you never know).
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Frosty Colchester.

Postby Adriana » 15 Dec 2006, 09:14

Wonder if you'll have time to fit in a ride on the Prater... ;)
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Off Topic