LBW

Chat about anything else

LBW

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 20 Dec 2006, 02:15

No comments on the cricket, eh? Nope, I'm not gonna rub it in, I just want to say what a great 3rd test it was and what a fine show your boys put up.
The mateship between your barmy army and local supporters was as it should be. There was a photo in the paper of two fans, taken from behind, both had their respective flags draped over their shoulders and they had their arms across each others shoulders.
That summed up the attitude. :D
We'd better watch out next time..our Ponting, Gilchrist, Warne etc may be out to pasture..ie writing books and doing the speaking tours. :!:
By the way, it was 53 degrees on the pitch on Friday..and not much better on Saturday. :o
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

LBW

Postby Richard » 20 Dec 2006, 11:47

Well, we have to give these upstarts a little encouragement now and again for the good of the Game, even if your country's beer sales went down 50%.
I didn't know that Warney could write. On the cricket field he seems to be quite a promising young chap. A bit more experience with some decent coaching and he may turn out to be a halfway useful bowler.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

LBW

Postby Richard » 20 Dec 2006, 13:53

And another thing:

Why is it that, whenever these highly paid sportsmen/ entertainers play a load of crap, the poor old manager/ coach gets all the blame and is threatened with the sack? It happens with all sports, not just cricket.
What's all this fuss about the Don being just a brand name? Has nobody ever looked at his batting figures? The BBC even have a programme about it on Christmas Day afternoon.
You shouldn't have started me off, OG.
I feel better now.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

LBW

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 21 Dec 2006, 00:01

I agree entirely, Richard. Why in the hell should the coach/manager get the blame when his charges get out on the scoot and play/perform badly the next day.
The Don, bet he didn't get out on the turps during a test match.
Did you know he was a irresistable letter writer? They say he penned over a million letters in his lifetime.. :)
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

LBW

Postby Richard » 27 Dec 2006, 11:49

Come on, OG. You haven't mentioned 700 yet.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

LBW

Postby MrsMcS » 27 Dec 2006, 14:28

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... Sorry nodded off there for a minute :!:
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Off Topic