hello

Chat about anything else

hello

Postby Joanie » 04 Jan 2007, 17:46

Just thought i would say hello to anyone who is here.HELLO!!have you all got over the festivities :) :) :) :mrgreen:
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

hello

Postby Kojak » 04 Jan 2007, 18:35

Amazingly I haven't put on any weight over the holiday :) I'm not sure how this happened as I've naturally indulged in pate, all sorts of rich cheeses and several helpings of Christmas Pudding, not to mention chocolates and the odd pint of fine ale of course... :)
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello

Postby Adriana » 05 Jan 2007, 07:37

My resolve to work off the festive excesses by walking up from the office in the afternoons foundered at the first hurdle when I was offered a lift in the pouring rain... :oops:

Frailty, thy name is woman.

Oh well, I'll try again next week! :|
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello

Postby Richard » 05 Jan 2007, 10:24

That's a good, healthy walk from the office to the top of the Vigla! How often were you hoping to try it? We haven't heard any calls for a ski lift for ages.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello

Postby Adriana » 05 Jan 2007, 10:33

Only about half way up (feels like more in the summer) ... About 2 puffs on the inhaler :)
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello

Postby Kon » 05 Jan 2007, 11:23

Adriana have you thought of getting the most enviroment freindly transport and the fuel basicaly grows on your own back yard ,won't exactly keep you fit but hey two out of three ain't bad ,that transport...... the old Donkey. ;) We had a ride on donkeys in Santorini and my butt and pocket(100eu for 1 hr) still hurts :evil: :evil:
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello

Postby Adriana » 05 Jan 2007, 11:48

Hi Kon,

Nicholas and I have often considered a donkey, particularly as all our neighbours have them, but I know from past experience that we would probably have the only donkey on Symi with a bad back and peculiar dietary requirements. :idea:

We already have cats that don't catch mice, a guard dog who sleeps indoors, preferably under our bed, and hens who have managed to hatch exactly 3 chicks between them over 5 years. :evil:
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello

Postby Kon » 05 Jan 2007, 12:22

Sounds like you have the same luck with animals as i do ,20 years ago i said fetch to a German short hair pointer and i'm stll waiting for him to come back with the ball ,every cat i had thought it was stronger than the car,fish prefered out of a tank and on the kitchen floor than in a water enviroment,birds well had them all but the protected species ,i even collected spiders when i was a young Indiana Jones but i did not think they needed oxygen :? :?
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello

Postby Tove » 05 Jan 2007, 20:50

Hi Adriana
I would really hope you would invest in a donkey, I would like to have it on vacation in my garden(when I get one). I used to take care of horses in my youth and don't think a donkey is so much different. Just now I must do with cats, that can be left back in others care when I'm travelling.(They catch mice, birds, squirrels and steal the food from the tables if they are let alone for a second, if we had hens they would take them too.)
Tove
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

hello

Postby Adriana » 07 Jan 2007, 10:23

One of our neighbours offered us a donkey once, but when we went to fetch it the neighbour's wife was most upset as it was her favourite, so we just have visiting rights on that one! :P

We muck out the donkey sheds for all our neighbours - we need the manure to improve our fields and they are glad to have someone else do what is a not very pleasant job for them for free. :oops:

Our place is like a zoo as we have our own cats plus ones we look after for absent friends, not to mention Dog and the chickens...The only ones who don't join us by the fireside in the evenings are the chickens as they are usually tucked up on their roosts by then - and one has to draw the line somewhere! :idea:
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello

Postby Tove » 07 Jan 2007, 19:53

Maybe I should offer some help as you to get some manure for my garden, otherwise I think it will stay as a desert.Or maybe try chicken. My mother-in-law growed strawberry in an old chicken yard, I've never seen so big strawberry. I'm trying to find out if I can come in March to dig or is it a bad time?
PS. Where is the photos of your lovely garden? They just disappeared.
Tove
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Off Topic